Possible replacement for Cordova with web worker support
I posted the sample projects, which are public domain, at:
- In both Android (Java) and iOS (Objective-C) versions, there is an
AQManagerclass which can handle multiple implementations of the
- A small fix was made to the Android version to avoid ugly error messages in the Chrome debug console view. A similar fix is currently needed in the iOS version.
Sample Cordova plugins
I posted sample Cordova plugins with web workers supported (under BSD 3-clause license) at:
There is also a test project at: brodybits / cordova-aqs-test
- iOS version may have ugly error messages in the Safari debug console view. (The Android version has this fixed.)
Cordova sqlite plugin (free enterprise version)
- In this version,
SQLitePlugin.jsis included in the application code and not installed automatically. This version of the plugin adds a
sqlitePluginHelperobject to the root object with an
- Both the Android and iOS versions are fixed to avoid ugly “not found” errors in the debug console view.
Possible security issue(s)
- XHR URI request mechanism needs a secret code mechanism, like they have in the Cordova framework
NOTE: This is only an issue if app loads external content.